At some point in our lives, we have all experienced a form of rejection. This could be early in life by a parent, a friend, a breakup, or simply not being allowed to sit at the cool kid’s table. Rejection has shaped and changed us and in some cases, it has prevented us from becoming who God called us to be!
Here is part of my story: My Story | Rejected To Perfection
Rejection hurts but the way we confront this action is crucial in order to live a happy and healthy life. If we do not confront rejection then it hides in our heart waiting for the next chance to come out and wreak havoc on your life.
Here is part of my story: Stronghold Discovery: Rejected To Perfection
The longer we spend believing the lies of rejection and allowing them to dictate our decisions, we waste our life that God has given us to live happy, free, and healthy. We will live in a reality that is based on lies from the enemy and we survive on coping mechanisms instead of relying on God’s truths.
Have you ever made a decision based on the fact that you are afraid you will fail? Or people will laugh at you if you mess up? Instead of stepping out of your comfort zone, you decide that you will make the decision that will make you the most comfortable without fear of being rejected.
Do you overreact or lash out in anger during certain situations? Have you ever found yourself wondering why you act in such a way?
If so this is for you!
Here Are Some Examples Of Rejection:
- Being dumped by a boyfriend/girlfriend
- Being left out of a group of friends
- A parent that was not in your life
- Death of a loved one
Fruits Produced As A Result Of Being Rejected:
- Rebellion – Aggressiveness, Stubbornness, Defiance, Abusive Behaviors
- Pride and Arrogance
- Feeds fears, anxieties, worries, and negativity.
- Self Mindset: Rejection – Low or No Self Esteem and Inadequacy or Protection of self: Self-centered, pity and selfishness.
2 Corinthians 4:8-9 | We’ve been surrounded and battered by troubles, but we’re not demoralized; we’re not sure what to do, but we know that God knows what to do; we’ve been spiritually terrorized, but God hasn’t left our side; we’ve been thrown down, but we haven’t broken.
Steps To Overcoming Your Fear Of Being Rejected:
- Repent, Pray and Seek God for deliverance and healing.
- Accept and Act what God reveals to you.
- BELIEVE and CLAIM God’s truth for your life
- Learn scriptures and believe what God’s word says. You’ll need these to fight the lies that will keep popping up in your mind!
- Forgive those who rejected you and move on!
- LIVE in God’s truth and WALK in God’s truth (this is putting His truths in action when the time comes – we are bound to be rejected again).
- Get out of your comfort zone and do something daring for God! Ask Him and He will show you the way.
Colossians 1:14 | For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
You are redeemed and you are free from your bondage. Don’t live in it! Step out of it and into God’s truth and flourish!
2 Timothy 1:7 | As I battled my fears, I knew I had to stand on God’s truth, and you do too. The fear I felt was not from God, so every time it crept into my thinking, I had to remind myself, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.”
P.S. Did you enjoy this post? Be sure to share on your social media feeds to help those who may benefit from this How-To guide.
You might also enjoy this How-To Guide pertaining to strongholds of the mind:
How To Slay Your Mental Strongholds
Be sure to let me know what you discover about yourself or tips you may have, I love hearing from y’all!
Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash